The first official motorcycle race was held in 1925. A permanent circuit was not built until 30 years later. Its length was 7.705 km. Another 30 years later, in 1985, the circuit was shortened. The circuit was thoroughly renovated in 2005 and 2006. The distance was then 6.027 km. The circuit has been sold to property developers who named the area "TT-World". Old names of turns were then reintroduced. They were under the following names: "Haarbocht", "Madijk", "Ossebroeken" and "Strubben". Due to the high investment costs, the TT Circuit can no longer survive by motorcycle racing alone. Concerts and a running event, among other things, are now also taking place on the track.